'Nuff said

(Taking context-optional note of thought-provoking quotes)

'There is not a day that goes by that I do not feel remorse for what happened that day in My Lai. I feel remorse for the Vietnamese who were killed, for their families, for the American soldiers involved and their families. I am very sorry.'
-- William Calley, his "voice start[ing] to break," as he addressed the Kiwanis Club of Greater Columbus, Ohio, earlier this week (above right). Calley was the only person tried and convicted, at a court martial, of premeditated murder in connection with the 1968 My Lai Massacre. The massacre occurred when he was a 24-year-old lieutenant in the U.S. Army (above left); hundreds of unarmed Vietnamese children, women, and men perished. Calley was released in 1974, but, as he said this week, has not had his civil rights restored.

 
Bloggers Team