Happy birthday to us!

Hard to believe it's been a year since I whined to our intrepid founder Diane Marie Amann about the dearth of international law blogs and got back an email saying, "now you've done it!" What? Done what? and lo! and behold, she had launched IntLawGrrls. Since then, Diane's managed to convince more than 20 outstanding women to join in on this crazy adventure that has definitely been keeping me on my toes keeping up to date with what's going on around the globe. I've not only learned a lot from my co-contributors, I've also come to read the newspaper with an eye toward blogging: today I'd like to draw your attention to a one-woman blog, Migration Information Source (which has been added to our list of links to the right), described here by Ruben Rumbaut, UC Irvine sociologist and authority on the children of immigrants to the US, as "the best online source of information on migration" he's seen "worldwide". Not surprising, perhaps, since no migration topic is too obscure for the blog's editor, Kirin Kalia, who describes herself as, among other things, a "total migration geek". Kudos Kirin, bravo Diane and happy birthday, IntLawGrrls.
 
Bloggers Team